Thursday, September 25, 2008
We have started Parker on solids this week. First up rice cereal. He is doing pretty good so far. I would say about a 1/4 of it is staying in his mouth. He made a few funny faces too; here is one of them. Not sure how much he liked the cereal. The mess on his face didn't show up to0 well on these pictures, but it was there. We will continue to keep you updated as he tries each new food item. I also hope to start posting videos of Parker; just have to figure it out with our new video camera. I have a great one of him laughing and talking to himself in the mirror. Mom and Dad, this will be for your sake. Maybe that will be my next post ( I hope by suggesting this it will get me motivated to learn).


9 Comments:
Yay for Parker and solid foods! I have to say that not a single one of my boys liked rice cereal. They made the same funny faces as Parker and spit it out pretty often--but to be honest, it is pretty yucky, bland stuff. I bet he'll love it when you move on to the fruits and veggies. Have fun!
Lucky!! When Hyrum first tried rice cereal we were poised with video cameras and digital cameras ready to catch all the funny faces but NOTHING! The kid loved it and ate it like he'd been eating it his whole life! What a little cutie!
Looks like Parker has his game face on. I'm sure he will like it more as he keeps eating it.
Thanks for sharing the precious moments with us. I laughed and cried. We can't wait for the videos. And Parker, where is Grandpa with some red licorice, when you need him? (That would have gotten rid of the nasty taste of that rice stuff)
Amy - the video thing is so much easier than you would think. I too avoided it for the first bit of blogging but after I realized how easy it was... wait... I better make sure that you actually take video with your camera.. or are you doing it with a video camera? If the video is uploaded on the computer you can go to make a post and rather than the button to add a pic you use the one to the left and that allows you to add video! It takes forever so I usually find something to do (usually laundry unfortunately) but it's simple. Hope that helps. Murphy isn't too hip on rice cereal so we skipped over to the veggies and fruit which he is loving. Parker is adorable. I loved all the pics of Melon Days. This was the first in about 10 yrs we haven't been and we missed it bunches!!!
I'm with your mom on the licorice!! Murhpy loves sucking on that!!! (I know... I'm a bad mom)!
He is growing up too fast. I used to mix the rice cereal with the baby food in jars. That way it stretched a little further. His little face to so cute. Good luck with solids. :-)
Jenae told me about your blog. I'm impressed with the both of you. He is soooo cute! Put me on your list.
Love Arlene
Hey Amy,
I love your blog! Parker is so adorable and getting so big. Would you mind sharing with me how you inserted the LDS "I belong" link to mormon.org?
Jenae,
I got the link from LeeLou Blogs. The address is http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/2008/07/linkidy-link-buttons.html and you can choose LDS links on the side bar. There is the option of LDS Link Buttons and LDS Link Buttons 2. Mine came from the first one. She explains how to to put the link on your blog. Let me know if you have any questions.
Post a Comment