Monday, September 8, 2008
My sister Becca and I ran the Love Your Body 5k this last weekend. Proceeds benefited the Center for Change, which specializes in treatment of eating disorders. It is the only all-woman 5k in the entire state of Utah. It's my first race since Parker was born and Becca's first since her high school days where she was a cross country all star. She was kind to stay with me up to mile 2, but then gave me the look and I said go for it. She did great with a 4th place finish in her age group and 35th overall. I came in 51st overall and 25th in my age group. I was pleased with my result as I ran about the same time I used to run, even a little better than some 5k's I have done before. Our husbands were there cheering us on and watching Parker and Maya. It was a tons of fun. Thanks Becca for joining me. I look forward to the next one.


6 Comments:
Justin says he may even run the next 5k with us--if he has about a month and a half to get into shape. Thanks for helping me sign up. It was actually really fun to do and probably my first 5K that I wasn't completely exhausted after running it.
You go Girl!! That is so awesome!
That's awesome! I hope to join you someday.....
WOW! I volunteer to watch the kids if the daddies want to run the race, too. Or I could run it with you if I have about 10 yrs to get in shape.:)
You go girl. Glad you had fun.
Way to go Amy! You look great! It's hard to believe that Parker is 5 months already! Fun times!
Post a Comment