Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I don't sew at all, and my parents gave me a sewing machine a few years ago for Christmas (my Mom would make our Halloween costumes and my prom dress). I once used it to sew patches on Brooks' scout leader uniform (yikes) and that is about it. Well I pulled it out and dusted it off and made some hats sporting our favorite team colors. It was supposed to be super easy, I will admit I had to use the seam ripper after sewing the hats upside down (I guess I should not of bought material with words). Here is the end result, one for each of us, and with the left over fabric I made a Parker size scarf (no pattern too).


5 Comments:
I am super impressed. You must be like me... I had to call a neighbor for needle and thread the other day!!! So we need to get you to a couple UV ball games so you can start sporting the green and yellow!!!
Hunter would love to see your hats! I couldn't be happier that he loves BYU so much!
Wow! Great Job! I know you like bib aprons. I have seen some cute ones made with african theme prints. I'll bring the material and you can sew them.
Love Mom
Amy- Those hats look great! Happy late birthday! I meant to send you an email that day, but obviously forgot. Hope it was a good one. We still need to get together!
Amy and Brooks, I'm glad I found your blog (thanks to Brooks finding mine!). Nice job on the hats and scarves. Do you think that Larry and I could find the material in red and white? Parker is growing up so much and can he get any cuter? Come and see us when we are in Phoenix. Brent is already on our pre-guest list.
Post a Comment