Parker 11 Months

Sunday, March 15, 2009


Parker is 11-months old today, 20.8 lbs and 28 inches (yes the same as last month). His new favorite thing is to pull books from bookshelves and then tear out pages, we have decided for the sake of our books, Parker is banned from bookshelves (easier said than done), I think he really misses his favorite target--Mom's old textbook on Employment Law. He has become very curious and loves to explore. One of his favorite items to put in his mouth is pieces of carpet, which he will then chew on; I have pulled a ton of carpet pieces out of his mouth. We have received a lot of comments about Parker's hair; its getting pretty full in the back and curly. I think it is super cute, but now it needs to be cut soon. I was hoping to wait until his Grandma comes home from Africa at the end of May and can cut it for him. His new thing is to arch his back when we go to pick him up after he is getting into something he shouldn't. He is sleeping through the night again (yipee) after a few rough weeks of the "crying method" and me giving in a few too many times, our night sleeper seems to be back (we're keeping our fingers crossed). Parker also got a new car seat this month and seems to like it as much as his last one (which isn't much), and we get the new adventure of him riding in grocery carts without the carseat. He is still giving great kisses and hugs, I hope he never grows out of that one.

6 Comments:

Andrea said...

He looks like such a little man. I love his white shirt and tie! I despise the "arch the back" trick. Aaron does it almost every time we try and put him in his car seat and it makes it almost impossible to get him buckled in. (I guess that's the idea though!)

Mary Ann said...

I love the mischievous look on his face as he attacks the book. So now you must place everything that you don’t want Parker to reach at least 4 ft high. Heads up, that will only work until he learns how to climb on chairs. ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

I would think that you would let him loose with the Employment Law textbook. If not, I got a few textbooks here he can rip apart!

Sunny said...

Wow! Who is his Dad?!? Good gracious! No paternity test needed here! He's adorable! Aren't you having so much fun? They grow up too fast!

fivewalkers said...

I love the pictures with the little tie. I didn't realize the red in his hair. He is so cute.

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Aaawww...he's sooo cute!