New York City

Friday, November 20, 2009

Brooks and I just returned from a trip to NYC, something I have always wanted to do. Brooks had a training for work and I went along to explore the city. We went a few days early so Brooks could enjoy some of the sites too. After taking the redeye we first headed to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island and other sites in lower Manhattan including the NY Stock Exchange.

A highlight of the trip was when we were able to attend a temple session at the Manhattan Temple. One day we rented bikes at Central Park and rode around the entire park. It was fun to see the different sites in the park, my favorite was probably the popular Bethesda Fountain.

We were even able to squeeze in a Broadway show, Mary Poppins, which we loved. I visited Rockefeller Center, and even had a few seconds of fame on the Today Show, check out my shot of Al Roker. I also got the famous frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity and did some Christmas shopping at FAO Schwartz.
I learned the ins and outs of the subway and took in the views at the Empire State Building. The morning before we returned home I took in one last site with a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. I had a great time. Thanks to my sister Becca and her family and my Mom and Dad for taking such great care of Parker while we were away.

2 Comments:

Sunny said...

Yea for babymoons! How exciting! Especially to be alone together! So jealous! Looks like you had a BLAST!! How fun!

Jessica said...

So fun! I bet you were dying to leave him but isn't it awesome for just a few days to have time with your hubby? BTW - I can't get over how much you look like aunt Lanean in these pics! Am I the only one that has ever said that?